The day/time of the 2019 SOJC Commencement has not yet been confirmed. It is expected to be held on either June 16 or June 17, 2019.
Each year, the School of Journalism and Communication holds a Student Awards Ceremony to celebrate student achievement as well as a commencement ceremony that’s separate from the main university commencement. At the SOJC commencement ceremony, SOJC students are recognized by walking across the stage to get their diplomas.
Please note: Participation in the SOJC Ceremony is a privilege. We kindly request that graduates limit their consumption of alcohol prior to the ceremony. Graduates who arrive at the ceremony under the influence of alcohol or other drugs may be refused the opportunity to participate in the ceremony. Please be respectful of your fellow graduates, family members, and guests by arriving at the ceremony sober.
Additionally, all participants and guests must maintain reasonable and appropriate behavior at all times. The staff of Matthew Knight Arena and the University of Oregon School of Journalism and Communication reserve the right to relocate or remove anyone we believe is creating a disturbance during any part of the ceremony.
1. Apply for your degree through DuckWeb (undergradutes) or the Graduate School (graduate students). Be sure to apply for the term when you will actually finish your degree. Indicate spring as your graduation term only if you will complete your entire program in the spring.
2. Sign up to participate in the SOJC ceremony. More details to come.
3. The list of names that will appear in the SOJC commencement program is online. The 2019 program list will be posted and updated in April/May 2019.
4. Get regalia (cap and gown) through the UO Duck Store. More details to come.
5. Complete your SOJC Senior Exit Survey (undergraduates only). More details to come.